November 26, 2012
The term Dalai Lama means Ocean of Wisdom. The Dalai Lama was recognized at the age of two. It is believed that when a Dalai Lama dies they reincarnate into another human being. When the Dalai Lama was sixteen he held full political power as the Head of State.Tibet was deteriorating and he had talks with the prime minister. He was forced into exile in India shortly after. He wanted a democracy in Tibet and in 2001 the Tibetan people got to vote for the leadership of Tibet. He also proposed The Five Point Peace Plan which was
- Transformation of the whole of Tibet into a zone of peace.
- Abandonment of China's population transfer policy that threatens the very existence of the Tibetans as a people.
- Respect for the Tibetan people's fundamental human rights and democratic freedoms.
- Restoration and protection of Tibet's natural environment and the abandonment of China's use of Tibet for the production of nuclear weapons and dumping of nuclear waste.
- Commencement of earnest negotiations on the future status of Tibet and of relations between the Tibetan and Chinese peoples.
Now, The Dalai Lama works for peace in all countries and he also writes books. He deals with science and religious discussions.
|The Dalai Lama stands for peace. "There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is our kindness." He believes that what you do defines who you are. If you carry peace in your heart with you then the result of your life being happy is much higher. If you carry hatred in your heart then you will be hateful. Your soul is good until you act to make it evil.|