Monday, December 3, 2012

About Fresh... Exploration Twelve

“Every decision we make at the supermarket – what we grow, what we eat – is creating a different future for the land, the farmers, for the diversity of our crops, for the health of our bodies and communities.” (Fresh) I have seen other documentaries about food, and I thought that this one gave more insight on how processed food - even if natural but not ecologized correctly - can be potentially hazardous to our health. It makes sense that there is a natural order to which the way ecology works and if the ecology of a farm is not properly aligned, then the food it produces will fail to serve its prupose - which is to nurish our bodies. A more simple way to conclude this is what I wrote in my notes from the film: "Industrialization = Mal-nurtritionization." It has been proven - time and time again - that the industry and processing of our foods engineers valuable nutrients out. This film has most definitely refreshed my memory about certain facts. Therefore, I will be eating better as a result.  

No comments:

Post a Comment