Sunday, December 2, 2012

Exploration 12

Fresh was a very informing documentary, I think it would be a good idea to show it too younger kids to show them that the way were are producing food now isn't the best way.  The part that confused me the most was that dairy farmers were feeding their cows things that they don't naturally eat, like meat from other cows, just so they grow faster and it's cheaper to make.  I think it would be better if they went more in to detail about the money being spend producing organic and natural foods compared to processed foods because if they can prove that it is more cost efficient that will make more farmers want to change the ways of their production.

"Every decision we make at the supermarket - what we grow, what we eat - is creating a different future for the land, the farmers, for the diversity of our crops, for the health of our bodies and communities"
This just shows that want we eat is very important and how we produce what we eat effects lots of people in different ways.

5 comments:

  1. I agree that we should show it to younger kids, so they have a better understanding on it earlier in life. I also really liked the quotes you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be shown to the younger kids, they are so impressionable that it could have a great impact on the way the eat when they are able to make their own decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you said about needing to go into deeper depth about the money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea to me it sounded like if a cow died they would just feed it to the rest of the cows which isn't just bad because they don't normally eat it, but that cow died for some reason and if it had some disease, they are just putting that disease in the rest of their cows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I think I want to know how much it is financially. I always hear that organic food is expenisve. So, I would like to know how much it costs.

    ReplyDelete